...FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 1015 PM EDT THIS EVENING...
* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE...A portion of southeast Virginia, including the following
counties and independent cities, City of Chesapeake, City of
Hampton, City of Newport News, City of Norfolk, City of Poquoson,
City of Portsmouth, City of Suffolk, City of Virginia Beach, Isle
of Wight and York.
* WHEN...Until 1015 PM EDT.
* IMPACTS...Ponding of water in urban or other areas is occurring or
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 810 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to
thunderstorms. Minor flooding is ongoing or expected to begin
shortly in the advisory area. Between 0.5 and 1 inch of rain
- Additional rainfall amounts of 0.5 to 1.5 inches are expected
over the area. This additional rain will result in minor
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Virginia Beach, Newport News, Hampton, Smithfield,
Churchland, Hampton University, Old Dominion University,
Christopher Newport University, Langley AFB, Downtown
Portsmouth, Downtown Norfolk, Ocean View, Norfolk State
University, Patrick Henry Field, Virginia Wesleyan
University, Regent University, Kempsville, Norfolk,
Chesapeake and Portsmouth.
Turn around, don`t drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.